Trees can be a wonderful addition to your property. Not only do they provide shade during the summer but they also provide habitat for birds, squirrels, and other small creatures. Planting a tree is a lot easier than you might think. Here are some tips that will help ensure that your tree has the best chances of survival:
1. Choose a tree that will grow well in the spot where you plan on putting it. Evaluate the type of soil as well as the amount of sun or shade that the area gets. By looking for a tree that is well-adapted to the growing conditions in your area, it will be much easier for it to thrive.
2. Make sure that you have enough space for the tree. Start by finding out how large the tree will grow. Then, make sure that there is enough clearance for it to reach its full size without running into any obstacles. Along with checking the distance from any buildings or other objects, remember to check overhead for power lines. By planting the tree in an area where it won’t interfere with other items on your property, you can help ensure that you don’t wind up with problems further down the road. If your having second thoughts of doing this yourself we recommend tree service of fort worth.
3. Prepare to dig the hole. Set the potted tree on the ground in the spot where you are going to plant it. Using a shovel, start loosening the sod in a circle around the tree that is roughly two times the diameter of the pot. Once you have the circle marked out, you can remove the tree and pull up the sod. Then, start digging down into the hole until it is as deep as the pot. Don’t dig the hole any deeper than the pot since a hole that is too deep can harm the tree.
4. Remove the tree from the pot and prepare it for planting. To do this, you should use your fingers to gently pull apart the roots at the bottom of the root ball. When a tree is potted, the roots begin to grow in a circle in the shape of the pot. If you don’t break them up before planting the tree, they will continue to grow in a circle, which will limit the tree’s ability to grow. By breaking up the roots and spreading them out, you can encourage the roots to grow outward into the surrounding soil, giving the tree the best chance of survival.
5. Center the tree in the hole and make sure that it is straight. Then, fill the hole back in with the soil that you dug out of it. Once the hole has been filled back in, you should then water the tree thoroughly. Continue watering it periodically until it has a chance to get established. If you have any further questions call tree service fort worth!
These tips for how to plant a tree should make the process of adding a new tree to your property as easy as possible. Planting a tree is well worth the small amount of effort that it takes since it can provide years’ worth of beauty and enjoyment, hire this tree service company.